Optical Waveguide Polishing and Inspection
The Cila 2.0 Optical Waveguide and V-groove Array Fiber Optic Polishing and Inspection System can polish and inspect many types of optical waveguides, multi-fiber V-groove arrays, and similar components requiring coplanar, flat, angled or faceted endfaces. The system is equipped with a profile view, high resolution video camera, allowing the user to monitor for polishing process, stock removal, and angle verification. An integral bright field inspection system with precise positioning capability, allows the polished end face of a device to be inspected for quality.
- Defect and fracture-free parts gipping accurate to +/-.01 degrees
- Titanium/PEEK hybrid Insert grippers for durability on sub-miniature parts
- Adjustable-width grippers for larger waveguides and arrays
- Precision feed for precise stock removal and length control (1 um length control)
- Metrology software option for polish angle verification and length measurement
- Integral, positionable brightfield video inspection capability using high resolution camera and precision glass optics. View all critical zones/edges to 500X magnification