Fiber Optic Cable Assembly Polishing and Inspection
The Cila 2.0 Connector and Cable Assembly Fiber Optic Polishing and Inspection System can polish and inspect all commercial and military style fiber optic cable assemblies utilizing precision machine design, expertly developed polishing menus, and in-line brightfield inspection. Automation, durability, low operating cost, and ergonomics are among the Cila’s key advantages.
- Rugged, ergonomic design and construction
- Automated, push-button operation
- Automatic air grind feature replaces manual de-nubbing operation required for most other machines
- Universal, UPC type work holder will accommodate all commercial fiber optic connectors, including FC, ST, SC, LC, MU, , SMA type, as well as all circular, environmentally resistant, hermaphroditic Mil style connectors
- Dedicated work holders specific to FC/APC, SC/APC, LC/APC, and mil style angled termini
- Integral bright field video inspection of polished end-faces
- High throughput process consistency– typically 45 seconds throughput/UPC connector compliant to industry accepted end-face tolerances with typical first pass yields of 98%. The charts below detail twenty SC connectors polished on the Cila 2.0, which were then interferometrically inspected.